Expression of Interest - Visiting Medical Officers (VMO) Anaesthetics - Kilmore, Victoria
- Become part of a team of Specialist and GP Anaesthetists who make a genuine difference to our rural community.
- Work in a small friendly environment with a dedicated team who are passionate about providing an exceptional standard of care to patients.
- Located in a beautiful quiet rural setting close to Melbourne.
Please click here for the position description for this role (scroll down once you are on the page for Position Description document).
Kilmore District Health Perioperative service provides Level 3 surgical, anaesthetic and maternity services from a two theatre complex. Patients are admitted as day and overnight cases. The unit provides a busy elective surgical and procedural service during weekdays and emergency maternity service on a 24 hour basis.
About the role
- Provide anaesthetic services for patients having surgical, medical, obstetric or investigational procedures
- Deliver epidural anaesthesia in midwifery patients
- Provision of pre-operative assessment and early post-operative care of patients
- Provide clinic services for assessment and preparation of day-surgery patients, day-of-surgery-admission patients and other patients as necessary
- Respond to emergency code calls within the hospital
- Participate in after hours on-call roster
- General Medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists OR Specialist qualifications as a General Practitioner with Joint Consultative Committee on Anaesthesia (JCCA) accreditation, Diploma of Rural Generalist Anaesthesia (DRGA) OR equivalent skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Credentialing as an Anaesthetist at Kilmore District Health
To find out more about this role please email KDH People and Culture:
Applications close - 24 November 2023
All Medical Practitioners providing medical services at Kilmore District Health are subject to and are conditional upon a satisfactory Police Check and Victorian 'Employee' Working with Children's Check.
KDH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTQI, people with a lived experience of disability, as well as people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. KDH promotes our guiding principles of curiosity, purpose, strong ethics, compassion and fairness; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. KDH is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
All Medical Practitioners working at KDH must comply with the health service's Vaccination requirements procedure (as amended from time to time) together with any relevant State Government and Department directives. This requires all employees to be vaccinated and provided evidence of vaccination for various diseases such as, but not limited to, Influenza and COVID-19.
Applicants for positions with Kilmore District Health should note that, on 24 October 2023, the Victorian Government gave formal approval for Kilmore District Health and Northern Health to unite as an amalgamated service. The new service will officially begin on 1 November 2023. Under the new structure, Kilmore District Health will become a campus of Northern Health, joining its existing network of services across Craigieburn, Bundoora, Broadmeadows, Epping, Mill Park, Preston and Mernda. While under the Northern Health brand, the service itself will be known as Kilmore District Hospital. Unification with Northern Health will allow us to deliver better healthcare, enhance specialist services and develop careers. For more information, please visit the Better Connected Care website at https://betterconnectedcare.com.au.